Buffalo Mozzarella

 We visited a Buffalo Mozzarella factory! I knew you could make familiar dairy products with Buffalo milk, but I had no idea how delicious it was. I also didn't know it was such a complex process. We toured the factory, and first saw how the cheese is molded and shaped. It was so interesting looking at the consistency. If you've ever played with or made Gak, then you can imagine exactly what I'm talking about when I say this stuff looked slimy, but in a delicious way. There was a leather shop, and a museum with old farm equipment that we could poke at. We also saw where the buffalos are kept and milked, and the facilities are very nice. They let the buffalos determine when they will be milked, give them automated scratching posts (like a car wash) and even play Mozart. But my favorite part was that we got to pet them! They were so sweet, and would move their heads so that you could scratch them in the right places. I didn't want to leave, but our next stop was a tasting, so I moved on. We then were served a light lunch of buffalo dairy products, including mozzarella, ricotta (my personal favorite), yogurt, and gelato. There was also tomatoes, bread and salad. Overall, I had a lovely time and loved seeing the process!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Departure

Pompeii

Amalfi Coast