Home Again, Home Again

 Well. I'm back. Been back for a while, actually. I slept for about three days straight. Jet lag is no joke, that's for sure. My flights back were pretty rough, and I didn't get a lick of sleep, but I made it home with minimal delays. I'm glad to be back, honestly. There were things I missed in America. Industrial AC, ice water, the usual stuff. I thought I would miss Italian food more, but I sort of just avoided Italian food for a while, knowing I would be disappointed. Then I ate a tomato. Now I miss it real bad. Man it was nasty. Everyone loved their souvenirs, which they better, since I bought about 200 of them and they were all awesome. I think what I miss the most about Italy is just...the general atmosphere. Everyone seemed so happy and relaxed all the time. Here, everything moves so fast, and everyones always in a hurry. I also miss being able to walk everywhere. I've always been a sucker for walkable cities, and walkable cities that also have nice weather? Sign me up. Confusingly, my roommates have told me that my southern accent has gotten stronger since I got back? I'm not sure how, maybe they just forgot how I sound. I will always think fondly of the time I spent there. I had an amazing experience. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do this.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Departure

Pompeii

Amalfi Coast