Cooking Class

 The Cooking class was so much fun! Definitely one of my favorite things we've done. The very kind women who ran it were amazing, and very patient with us. They also taught us very effectively, as now I feel like I can make homemade pasta if I wish. We first made tiramisu, which was so fun, and I loved how we all got to make our own individual portions. The snacks they gave us were also very good, and their  hospitality was greatly appreciated. It really felt like we were cooking in someone's home. I was selected to help make the sauce, which was very exciting, and cooking with Patricia (I believe that was her name) was very nice. She was just such a nice, grandmotherly figure. Making the pasta was my favorite part though, as using the pasta roller and the pasta guitar was very fun. I love silly little kitchen tools. At the end, the food was SO. GOOD. I cleaned my plate so fast that the woman laughed and told me that's what she liked to see. Overall, it was such a homey, welcoming experience, and really helped me understand the concept of famiglia.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Departure

Pompeii

Amalfi Coast